You probably came here in the process of doing research. What if I tell you custom made website design could potentially cost between $1,500 to $8,000, but on another side, You can DIY and build a free website from a website like WIX. That’s crazy-talk! The Pricing Guide will help you to budget your project if you planning to hire a freelance or company to develop a website for your small business.
How much professional design develop cost for a business website?
This is the question local business owner should ask. Individuals and businesses are looking for the precise solutions. So, I have listed down the price point based on a different kind of websites.
Below is the list for expectation should have from any professional website design service offering:
- Design and Layout matching Company Branding.
- Best Design & Development Practice
- Powered by WordPress, a scalable website platform
- Optimized for mobile and tab devices
- Social Media Integration
- Cross Browser support
- Lead Generation Form (Contact Form etc)
- Stock image for the website (Optional)
- On-Page Search Engine Optimized (SEO)
- Full Control and Ownership
Basic Website Components and Costs
On an average, the following figures can be applied to estimating the cost of a small business website:
- Domain Name Registration – $10 – $15/year
- Shared Website Hosting – $50 to $100/year (depending on traffic and hosting services)
- Web Planning, Design and Development Time – 60 hours and up (see pricing base on type of website)
- Continued Website Maintenance – $500 a year and up (depending on number/type of updates required)
- Marketing Your Website Online (SEO)– $750 a month and up
Common type of website and its cost
The small business websites that I design, develop and launch range from $1,500 to $8,000. Cost depend on the elements and functionality needed.
Best for local small businesses that want to run PPC and get some business from the website and their main goal is not to rank in search engines like google or bing. The sole purpose of such sites is an online presence.
- 3-5 pages optimized for PPC Campaign.
- Cost around $1500.
- Turnaround time: 10 – 20 days.
Brochure / Catalog Style Website
Best for local business who want their website to rank in search engines and get notice online. Such websites are suitable for business to create awareness about their services and product.
- 8-10 pages optimized for search engine.
- Cost around $2000 – $3500.
- Turnaround time: 20 – 30 days.
Business Website with Lead Capture Enabled
Best for local and online business who want their website to capture the potential lead and create awareness in the industry with their knowledge. this website has greater potential to rank in search engines and higher engagement on the website.
- 10+ pages and blog which is optimized for generating lead.
- Cost around $2500 – $5,000
- Turnaround time: 20- 60 days.
eCommerce Store + Website
Best for business how to want to sell product or services online with an e-commerce enable website which accepts payment and has a backend to manage their order and shipping.
- 10+ pages + online store with the ability to add unlimited product.
- you can also add a blog (optional).
- Cost around $5000+
- Turnaround time: 20- 60 days.
In ALL estimates below I assume following
- Hourly rate
- Website built on WordPress CMS,
- Mobile/Tablet Responsive Layout
- Client provides content/image
Hope this information will help to think it through your website budgeting. Your budget should be based on the strategic needs of your business. Don’t hesitate at paying reasonable rates for the creation of your online business – always remember – you get what you pay for.
Currently, I am building a cost estimator for website design and development. The calculator will help to determine the cost base on your select and needs.
If you have any question related to my website design service and its pricing, feel free to contact me with your concerns.
If you are ready to step into the online world then let’s talk about your goals and your requirement for the website.